The DAVOSA Vireo Medium brings greater elegance and legerity
Many things are now designed to be unisex products and wristwatches are no exception. With the Vireo Medium Quartz and the Vireo Medium Quartz Chronograph, however, we have reduced the diameter of the case, making these watches more suitable for the slimmer wrist. While functionality and technical features remain unchanged, the elegance and legerity of these timepieces are now greatly enhanced.
A mere five millimetres, but they make a huge difference in this case: the new Vireo Medium Quartz has a case diameter of 36 mm instead of the 41 mm of the predecessor version. It makes a more delicate, elegant and lightweight impression, which is much more in keeping with slimmer wrists.
A true Vireo
In all other respects, the Vireo Medium Quartz and the Vireo Medium Quartz Chronograph are true Vireos with their striking inner ring, satined brush finish, and hand-applied, Super-LumiNova-coated indices and hands. They make a powerful and fresh statement on the wrist, as the name already implies. This makes them elegant companions on professional and social occasions, as well as reliable partners for sports pursuits. Little can damage the scratch-resistant, curved sapphire crystal. The back of the stainless steel case is firmly screwed and the polished, satined stainless steel strap with its folding clasp are extremely robust. Moreover, the Vireo Medium Quartz series offers all the accustomed functionalities of the Vireo family.
Tried and tested Swiss quality movements
The three-hand Vireo Medium Quartz is 10.4 mm in height and contains a reliable Ronda 505 Swiss quality movement. Its inner ring only carries the figures for the quarter hours and quarter minutes display. Time is also readable in 24-hour mode on an additional inner ring on the dial. The crown with the typical DAVOSA star sits at the classic 3 o’clock position.
Inside the Vireo Medium Quartz Chronograph with its metal strap and case height of 10.8 mm beats a proven Ronda 5030 Swiss Quartz movement. The crown and pushers can be deployed to set the totalizers, as well as the hour, minute and second hands. The inner ring provides orientation for the chronograph display.
The family’s pride and joy
Both models are available with white, blue or black dials. Thanks to a Super-LumiNova coating and water resistance of 5 ATM, the Vireo Medium Quartz and Vireo Medium Quartz Chronograph can be worn day and night to a depth of 50 meters under water. Either way, the Vireo family is understandably proud of the Vireo Medium Quartz and the Vireo Medium Quartz Chronograph.
An overview of the DAVOSA Vireo Medium Quartz:
- Three-hand model references: 168.583.15 (white), 168.583.45 (blue) and 168.583.55 (black), 167.583.15 (white, leather), 167.583.45 (blue, leather) and 167.583.55 (black, leather)
- Chronograph references: 168.585.15 (white), 168.585.45 (blue) and 168.585.55 (black), 167.585.15 (white, leather), 167.585.45 (blue , leather) and 167.585.55 (black, leather)
- Swiss Quartz movements Ronda 505 and Ronda 5030 (Chronograph)
- Dimensions: Ø 36.0 mm, height 10.4 mm and 10.8 mm (Chronograph)
- Polished and satined stainless steel case and metal strap
- Water resistance of up to 50 metres (5 ATM)
- Scratch-resistant, curved sapphire crystal
- Hand-applied figures and indices, Super-LumiNova on hands and indices